Jan 16th, 2020
It can be easy to get swept up in discussions centered around making sure that the work being done by development teams is in sync with what the stakeholders identified as the highest priority. While this is definitely an important factor to consider, it is also critical to make sure that we have identified and prioritized the issues and problems we need to solve to achieve the organization’s strategic goals. Impact Mapping is a tool that can be used to create a conversation between stakeholders and teams to understanding which problems need to be addressed first to ensure we are having the greatest possible impact on delivering different outcomes for our customers and for the business.
In this episode of SoundNotes, LeadingAgile Managing Consultant, Will Evans spends time with Dave Prior discussing Impact Mapping.
During the podcast you will learn:
- What Impact Mapping Is
- Why it works
- How it can help your organization make informed decisions about which problems to solve first in order to reach your strategic goals
- How you can get started using Impact Mapping within your organization
Resources to Get You Started
- The Art of Impact Mapping Video https://youtu.be/y4Rj05YVg_E
- Nudge by Thaler and Sunstein https://amzn.to/2tiwZby
- Web: https://www.leadingagile.com/guides/will-evans/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/semanticwill
- Email: email@example.com
- LeadingAgile: http://www.leadingagile.com/guides/dave-prior/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrsungo/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/mrsungo
- Personal blog: http://drunkenpm.net
We Need Reviews
If you like this podcast, we'd be very grateful for reviews or feedback in iTunes. It will help us create more visibility for this podcast so that we can reach more people. Click here to leave us a review or post feedback.
If you have comments on the podcast or have questions for the LeadingAgile coaches that you’d like to have addressed in a future episode of LeadingAgile’s SoundNotes, you can reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
LeadingAgile CSM and CSPO Classes
For information on LeadingAgile’s upcoming public CSM and CSPO classes, please go to: http://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/
Use the discount code: LA_Podcast to receive a 15% discount on the class.